Thursday, February 10, 2011

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #5....

Well here is my first post on my first Blog!! I was told about Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenges by my Sister, So I am going to submit this card I made to Joan's challenge!!
Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #5....

1. Use Coral/pink and Green for your colors
2. A Birthday Sentiment
3. Vintage Paper
4. Handmade or Punch flower



I made this card for a very good friend.

I used a peach/pink card stock for the flowers-label-and for the base of the card.I used a  vintage floral paper for the background, green for the leaves and a brownish green paper for the branch. I cut the paper to fit my card and distressed it on the sides. I also cut my floral paper a little smaller and also distressed it on the sides.The flowers I used a Martha Steward punch. With each flower I used three punches. I distressed the end of the petals and on the center punch I cut the petals in the center a little more with scissors. I used a brass brad to attach all three petals. The leaves were punched out with an EK success flower punch. I also distressed the outside of the petals. I used my cricut to cut out the branch with the Winter Wonderlandcartridge. The Happy Birthday Label was made with the spellbinders Labels 8 die and I also distressed the outside. The stamp I used was the Happy Birthday stamp from Hampton Arts. I also embossed it with a copper embossing powder. I had a lot of fun with making this card. I hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. Well isn't this just too pretty for words! Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO WHERE WAS MINE ON FEB 11TH.... REALLY CUTE SIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers and the sentiment stamp is a pretty design too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!!